Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Jillian, Jillian, Jillian...

On Monday, I reverted to Level 1 of The 30-Day Shred. My energy level was pretty low over the weekend and I was worried that the combination of three days of not working out and my cold would make Level 2 unbearable.

How naïve of me to assume I could handle Level 1.

I’ll admit that Level 1 is easier than Level 2, but it was still torture. Starting with the first set of strength moves I knew it was going to be tough. It was at that point I realized that Level 2 exercises some different muscle groups…and that during the three weeks I’d spent on Level 2, the muscle groups I gave so much attention to in Level 1 had lost some of their strength. To save myself future pain and suffering I am going to switch up my routine so that the muscular strength gained during Level 1 isn’t lost when I’m working on Level 2 or 3. I think an every-other-day plan will do the trick.

I like Jillian because her workouts are short and super intense, but I’m open to suggestions for other workout dvds. Any recommendations? I already own a complete collection of Judi Sheppard Misset’s jazzercise videos, so I’m looking for other options…

No comments:

Post a Comment