Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Things I Like: Commencement Ceremonies

Yesterday, I was invited to attend the commencement ceremony for a friend of mine who received her MPH. I love the pomp of graduation ceremonies. I know that attending commencement is a pain the butt for a lot of people, but I love watching the faculty file in their academic regalia and the students march in full of excitement to receive their degrees. And I especially like it when it's set to an extremely loud Widor's Tocatta (which happens to be the recessional music for our wedding!).

The whole thing was motivating. So motivating, in fact, that G and I decided I should attend as many commencement ceremonies as I can between now and my own graduation. Maybe I'll finish up more quickly...

Back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment