Saturday, January 23, 2010

Things I Like: Chocolate Brown Bedding

Our heating bill doubled last month. I'll be the first to admit I'm probably at fault for the spike. I could be wearing thermal underwear and a snowmobile suit and I'd still feel cold when the temp is set at 70. I'd rather suffer and be cold than open high utility bills, though, so I'm trying to make some modifications to our daily routines.

The last few nights have been especially cold - especially by the window in our bedroom, which is exactly where I sleep. When we moved into our new home, I packed away the duvet cover we'd used at the apartment because it was too warm to use the duvet and the cover looked horrendous with the room's paint color (which we liked). We've been using a thinner blanket from P*ttery B*rn because it's white and looks good with the egg shell blue walls.

Last night, as the winds ripped against the south side of our house (where our bedroom is), I decided I need to bring out the duvet for the remainder of the winter.

I think I need this to cover it:




Don't you?

Chocolate brown and egg shell blue go nicely together. And frankly, I think the price of the bedding is pretty attractive. Now if I could just convince my husband that we need it (some help on this front would be appreciated, VK).

1 comment:

  1. You know that I like blue and brown together.
    I'll see what I can do about Garrett.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete