Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Quick Catch-Up

  • One of my closest girlfriends and her husband had their first baby yesterday. She texted me just before 2:00 AM to let me know she was en route to the hospital. I happened to have a coughing fit around 2:10 AM that resulted in my husband forcing me to leave the bedroom so he could keep sleeping. I grabbed my phone (alarm clock) on the way out and saw her message. It was hard to go back to sleep. Is it normal to get so excited about your best friends having kids? Anyway, Harper entered the world yesterday and I am trying to figure out how to get to Denver this summer so I can meet her and hangout with her mom.

  • In other news, the school I work at apparently doesn't believe in air conditioning and since most of my work clothes are for cooler temps, I had to go out and buy some new clothes yesterday afternoon. Today I'm wearing a shirt dress from Target with some ankle length leggings (it might be hot, but no one is going to be blinded by my white legs):



My husband calls this my "suburban camo" dress. I think that's hilarious!

  • Remember when I posted about needing to find coconut M&Ms? My MIL found them at Sam's Club. I now have 30 bags of them sitting on my counter top. They are good. So, so good.
  • I called my dad to complain about our rabbit problem (another post for another day), and after listening to my rant he asked if I'd rather have the creature that visited my parents' backyard over the weekend:

He thinks it was a bear. There was some other evidence not shown in this picture, but whatever it was toppled thick steel poles at their base and knocked several bird feeders around.
  • Last week I actually had to convince a kid that he had wet his pants. He didn't believe me. It was the weirdest conversation I've had in a long time.
Off to school. Have a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment