Friday, February 26, 2010

Home Projects: Picking the the Perfect Gray-Blue

It's official: blue-gray paint is a pain in the butt to work with. Once again, I have multiple paint swatches decorating the walls of our basement. And once again, I'm not totally committed to any of the options we've chosen.

We started with this:



The polished limestone doesn't look very bluish-gray on my screen, but it does on the wall. There's too much gray in it, though, and while it looks okay covering small sections of the wall, I'm afraid it wouldn't look good covering all of the walls - it's a big room.

Last weekend I picked up a pint of this:


It looked awesome in the store. So, so awesome. I was really excited about it until the clerk handed me the sample can of paint she had just mixed and the color swatch taped to its lid looked totally different than the paint chip. It turns out that Mt. Rainier is actually a baby blue. I'm going to put some on the wall tomorrow and see how it turns out. Maybe I'll be surprised and it will look like the paint chip. Maybe, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

P.S. I'll post about my embroidery project tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment