Monday, March 29, 2010

Weekend Recap

I had a fabulous weekend!

I've had a fairly persistent problem with my upper back muscles since last summer. It comes and goes and last Thursday it really started to bother me. I'm not sure what brought it on, but I'm guessing it had something to do with standing on my feet for most of the week and chasing hyperactive first graders. By Friday, one of the teachers I was assisting convinced me that I needed to see a chiropractor and gave me the name of a guy she thinks is "incredibly amazing." I'd never been to a chiropractor, but the pain was so stinking intense I decided I would stop by his clinic on my way home. That ended up being a brilliant decision. The doctor was out for the weekend, but his message therapist was working. Despite the fact she was booked for the remainder of the afternoon, after listening to my description of my problems she graciously offered me a free ten minute chair massage. It was heavenly. Why have I never done that before? She confirmed that all of my upper back muscles are extremely tight and she located the "string of knots" that are the source of my discomfort. She worked on them until her client arrived. I made an appointment for a full session later this week. I'm totally jazzed about it. In the mean time, I've been instructed to drink 70 ounces of water a day, ice my upper back for three fifteen minute periods each evening, and take Epsom salt baths. I think I can handle this kind of therapy.

On Saturday one of my girlfriends came up for a day of shopping. We started off at an estate sale in Golden Valley. It turned out to be a bit of a bust. Despite our early arrival, everything that was remotely interesting to us had a sold tag on it. We probably wouldn't have bought anything anyway as it all reeked of cigarette smoke. The hunt for a coffee table and side tables continues. I am determined to find something second hand.


We had lunch at the Punch Pizza in NE Minneapolis. Man, I love that place. I almost always order the Siciliana, but I was a little adventurous that day and tried the Adriatica. Heaven. I could eat that stuff every single day.

After devoring our lunch, we went to Crafty Planet. I wished I lived closer to that store. Despite its small size, I could have spent hours looking at fabric and felting supplies. It was wonderful. I picked up some fun fabric that I'll (try to) share later in the week.

Our afternoon ended with trips to TJ Maxx (I am determined to find my seagrass baskets!) and IKEA. No big purchases, but I did find some new juice glasses. Is it odd to be so excited about cheap glasses? They're simple, inexpensive and look nice. Just how I like 'em. The husband gave them his seal of approval, so I'll be making a return trip to the store later this week to pick up some more.

On Sunday we slept in and then visited a few of the remodeled homes that were part of the Parade of Homes tour. It's so much fun to visit remodeled homes and imagine the potential for our little abode...

No comments:

Post a Comment