Update: You must also check out this blog: male pattern boldness. It makes me extremely happy.
1. Are back massages worth the money? I loved mine this morning, but I'm not sure I'm ready to fork over $40 for 30 minutes of muscle rubbing more than once every few months, even if it was heavenly.
2. Someone sent me the link to this video this morning, and I thought it was hilarious. Watch it. I signed up for Twitter back in the fall of 2008, but used it like 5 times. I don't think I could log back into my account if my life depended on it.
3. We're hosting Easter dinner at Casa K this year. Both of our families are coming, and I am very excited! On the menu? Radish crostini for after church, maple-glazed roasted ham, warm herbed potato salad, asparagus with garlicky butter and a tortellini salad (as the optional protein for those not eating ham, ahem) for lunch, and a strawberry custard pastry for dessert. Wanna come over? My mom dropped off a 12 pound ham, so we'll probably have some to share.
4. I'm so paranoid about leaving the roaster on during church that I'm going on Saturday night and sending all of my family to the Sunday morning service so I can make sure the house doesn't burn down.
5. Our radon test was been submitted yesterday, so I have no excuses for not starting to paint the basement. I'm excited!
6. Last night my husband used "your legs" and "cottage cheesey" in the same sentence. This was not an April Fools joke. The only thing that saved him from a slap on the butt was the look on his face immediately after he spoke the words. Priceless. To his credit, he did describe my legs in the past tense, which hopefully means they're not so cottage cheesey anymore.
7. We made good progress on the landscaping last night. I tackled the big garden in the backyard:
Looks a little better than this, right? Please say yes, because it took me forever. There are still a few things that could probably be pruned, but I want my dad to look at them before I attack them with my clippers.
G and I took on the landscaping in the front yard as a team. In the amount of time it took me to carefully finish pruning two bushes (you can see them in the distance), he did this:
Yesterday morning that area was COVERED with dead growth. It look infinitely better, but I'm afraid it might never look the same as it did when we moved in. I hope I acquire a green thumb quickly. We have the landscaping along the backside of the house to take care of, the removal of the massive pile of leaves on the vegetable garden, and some touch-ups on the circular garden...and then I think we should be set. I hope. I really, really hope.
8. Costly car repairs are one of the most unpleasant surprises ever. This is closely followed by riding in a tow truck at night with a racist mechanic.
9. I was offered an extended sub job that starts next Monday, but the school wanted to review my resume and they never got back to the placement company. They just called to let me know they'll let me know early Monday morning. If they call me at 6:00 AM on Monday to tell me the school ended up hiring someone else, I'll be mighty unhappy!
10. I made so much progress on the second chapter of my dissertation yesterday that I surprised even myself. Unfortunately, I really need access to a copy of Adobe Acrobat so I can convert a survey I developed earlier in the week into a writable pdf document. This one of the major challenges of living 280 miles away from my university. Speaking of writing, I should get back to my chapter...
Happy Friday, and Happy Easter!